The buckwheat flour adds a little more wholesome nutty flavor and the oat flour adds to the consistency (Neither are mandatory if you just want almond flour that works too).
It makes great snacks or nutrient dense bites for the active family. Pair with a hard boiled egg and you have a great breakfast to take with you.
- 11/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 C oat flour
- 1/2 C buckwheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (I doubled)
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup plain whole milk kefir
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3 bananas ripe, mashed
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup walnuts chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Grease a large bread pan with butter or coconut oil.
- In a large bowl mix together the dry ingredients: almond flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and baking soda.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together the eggs. Add in the honey, kefir, mashed bananas, coconut oil, and vanilla. Whisk together until combined.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until combined. Fold in the chopped walnuts.
- Pour the batter into a large bread pan and bake for 50-60 minutes until the center is firm.
- Allow to cool (this never happens at our house). Remove from pan.
If you make two loaves one can be frozen for a later time. The batter is also great as muffin mix