Want a less stressful, more fulfilling life? Let’s start with the low hanging fruit….What we all need: More time, less decisions, and nutrient dense food served at home. I promise that it really will make you feel better.
Meal Planning for dinner: Just use the outline plan below. Try it for 1 week and see how it goes. Feel free to repeat (exactly) the second week for an even more efficient preparation.
Questions to complete:
A) What makes it easy: A partner in crime (friend /partner to shop and prep food) or a few hours alone?__________________
B) Two new foods/recipes to try (check-out my newsletters for some ideas): _________________________________, ___________________________
C) Three dinners that you have made before: _____________________________, _____________________________, ___________________________________
D) One crockpot dinner: ________________________________
E) One easy dinner (leftovers, snacker dinner, breakfast dinner, going out): _________________________________
- Decide if you are doing it alone or with another.
- Plan the food for one week. Use questions B-E above
- Make a grocery list based on question 2, be specific. Add normal breakfast and lunch items. I keep my list in the notes on my phone so I’m ready whenever I’m at the right store.
- IF you are doing it with a partner, plan the time. If not, move to #5
- Shop. You are basically done here! Congratulations!!! Celebrate!!! Now you are not planning mid week and you are not running to the store for an ingredient
- Prep food if you have time —grab a family member or partner to join for all or part of the fun here. This is a great way to remind kids of how we fuel our bodies. And if they help make it, they usually want to eat it.
Steps 1, 2, 3, and 4 can all be done independently of each other. Just make a bit of time for each step and go one step at a time.
Let me know how this goes for you!
Step by step for health!